Full-time Executive Director to provide operational and strategic leadership for nonprofit professional and trade organizations. This is a highly visible role which demands extensive customer service skills, ability to manage multiple accounts, a high level of professionalism, and ability to interface with association leadership regarding the conditions and operations of the organization.
You will plan, organize, direct and coordinate Board members, volunteers and AMI staff and oversee the administrative activities of each association. Success in this position requires a positive, results-oriented manager with excellent follow-through and attention to detail; the ability to identify and manage resources required to provide client services; impeccable organizational and governance skills; strong and persuasive communication skills; the ability to lead a customer-focused staff team; good technology skills; and an entrepreneurial orientation. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. The Executive Director reports directly to the AMI Vice President of Client Development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing inspired, strategic guidance and counsel to client Boards of Directors
- Managing current programs and services, developing new programs, improving current programs to meet the needs of members
- Facilitating efficient communication and effective service among and between volunteer elected and appointed leaders, committees and members.
- Business planning to ensure long-term growth and sustainability of each organization
- Ensuring that each organization makes measurable progress against goals
- Seeing that leadership is kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the association
- Attending meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committees; taking meeting minutes
- Ensuring that governance documents are current and being followed (i.e., Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, Conflict of Interest, Records Retention).
- Developing annual budgets; reviewing monthly financials and tax returns
- Reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts
- Planning, promotion and administration of meetings and events
- Serving as liaison with national office, lobbyist and/or component societies
- Leading and mentoring staff
- At least 3 years’ experience in management, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Account management experience preferred with a successful track record in professional development, financial management, building internal consensus and supporting external programs
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Superior attention to detail; first class organizational skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product
- Ability to produce written content quickly, accurately and sometimes on tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks, and/or InDesign,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Great team leader: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree and/or CAE
- Benefits include 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, health and dental
WORKING AT AMI:
AMI is located in Gig Harbor WA and has the ability for staff to work remotely. We have a hardworking, dedicated team of professionals who participate in the hiring process. Prior to interview, interested parties will be asked to complete a questionnaire about their preferred work atmosphere.
Finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and receive a background check. Start date is currently projected in November 2022.